Lately I have been making a conscious effort to stop pulling my hair into a topknot everyday. It’s the easiest and most practical style to pull off for all busy women with long hair but especially for mamas like me who have a kid attached to their hip and absolutely no time in the morning to make their heads look presentable. So here’s what’s been inspiring me lately to be a tad more creative with my hair. Five minute hairstyles, ladies!
- I’ve seen women rocking this hairstyle and I always thinks it looks good especially when it’s teamed with a great outfit and oversized sunglasses.
2. Come on. I mean, it doesn’t get any easier than this.
3. Wow! and Duh! Remember to tug at your hair and pull it out to fluff up that braid.
4. I haven’t tried this one yet. It reminds me of something a French woman with impeccable style running after three kids would pull off. Tutorial here.
5. Not a style for everyone nevertheless I’ve always had a fondness for the pigtail buns and I know they can look cool and not teenager-y when they’re done in a kind of messy way. Think of Carrie Bradshaw here too.
6. Speaking of messy buns. This look is just so much more interesting than a boring old topknot. It requires messy hair so if you haven’t washed your hair in days even better!
7. Just pull back, twist and secure. Done.
8. So instead of pulling your hair up, pull it down and wrap a strand around the band. And remember to tug at the hair at the crown of your head for a messy look.
9. This may look complicated but it’s not. Just one braid at the top and side and then another at the back. Pull a few strands out here and there and voila. Check Barefoot Blonde’s blog for more inspirational hairstyles. Seriously, be prepared for major hair envy!
10. And when all else fails, grab a headband/headscarf. Failsafe and classic.
So there you have it. Hairstyles I am trying right now to avoid the boring topknot look, which let’s be honest, will always have a special place in my heart. But for all those moments in between, I feel like jazzing it up a little.