Last year I put a little list together of things I was looking forward to doing – and shopping for- in the days leading up to Christmas. So here’s this year’s edition including places I want to visit with my boys and where I am planning on getting last-minute gifts from.
– First up on my list of places to go is Masterland the Children’s City of Craftsmen which has been transformed this season into a magical Christmas wonderland. We visited for the first time last month and were instantly blown away by its originality. Probably not the best place for under 3s like James but definitely worth going for older kids. By the way, Mums In Cyprus is giving away free tickets to Masterland and I think it’s one of the most perfect stocking fillers so click here -by December 20- and enter the draw.
– Gift baskets with little treats are always a clever gift idea when you’re planning on a home visit over the holidays. I always make sure to pick up a few of these ones prepared by Be Natural. You can find little boxes or baskets with wine, chocolates, olive oil, honey, herbs and spices and more organic goodies you know will be appreciated by everyone.
– My absolute favourite thing to do in the kitchen once it gets cold outside is to make soups! I love experimenting and have already tried loads from this awesome list of feel-good soups.
– I’ll be making my way to Limassol one more time before Christmas Day because I am dying to visit the ARK Pop-Up shop at the Heroes’ Square. I’m planning on doing some last-minute shopping because its the perfect place for jewelry, home deco and kiddie products and of course homemade nibbles and food goodies to take home.
– Movie nights are exclusive Georgie, mama and papa moments. We don’t do them nearly as often as we used to but come Christmas and the closing of school, it’s all on. So far we’ve watched Arthur Christmas, which we hadn’t seen and I am hoping Miracle of 34th street will grab his attention although he might still be too young. You can find a good selection of Christmas movies to watch with the kids here.
– Speaking of movies, next week I’ll be making my way to the cinema, after what feels like forever- seriously can’t remember the last time I went and it makes me sad because it was one of my favourite things to do-, to watch the movie I’ve been waiting for all year.
– Every Christmas I tell myself I will give this a go and I never do. But right now I’m also writing my food shopping list so it’s finally happening. How to make your house smell like Christmas with this easy stovetop pot-pourri recipe.
– We’ve never actually been to the Christmas Paramythoupoli mainly because we visit the exact same entertainment park when we’re in Agia Napa in the summer. But this year I’m thinking we might go because of these Golden Chimney Cakes, a traditional Hungarian sweet roll that looks like something I need to try.
– Georgie, papa and I were so happy to be able to help the refugees at the Kofinou camp two Sundays ago when we took part in the Children’s Flea Market but you know more can always be done. We’re preparing another package of things needed at the camp. If you want to help check their Facebook page.
– Last but not least, I’m looking forward to just being with family this season, spending as much time as I can with my three boys because next year there’ll be four of them and there is absolutely nothing I am more grateful for.
Don’t forget our shop small businesses Christmas Gift guide. There’s still time to place your orders for last-minute gifts.
Have a very Merry Christmas! xxx