I was standing in line for a hot cup of coffee and gazing outside the window at the people walking by, the twinkling lights and Christmas decorations and a sense of happiness washed over me. No matter what has happened or is happening this is the season for healing and recharging those batteries with lots of love from friends and family.
There are tons of things that I want to do this Christmas from cooking and baking to making and playing and going out. Here’s a list of some of those things.
– Always first on our list is visiting Christmas Avenue aka Makariou Avenue in Nicosia when it’s turned into a pretty little village complete with wooden houses, food, drinks, singing, fairs and plenty to keep the little ones and big ones occupied for hours.
– The last two years we have spent many evenings at the Pop Up Festival in the City Plaza on Makariou Avenue where you can grab a bowl of soup and listen to live music. It is also a fantastic initiative to allow local artists to showcase their stuff in the vacant shops of this once-deserted mall. Look out for Stanza dell’ Arte that has the most amazing kiddie stuff.
– Really want to take Georgie to the Little Muse Theatre for The Snowman.
– If you’re still shopping for presents and struggling with an idea for something original, Little Kickers has a six-week lesson gift voucher for your little ones. Highly recommended.
– And something for friends and loved ones that I also highly recommend is dD by Daniella Georgiou, beautifully hand-crafted personalised leather accessories that scream authenticity.
– I’m not hosting Christmas Day this year but I’m still making this now favourite gammon in coca cola.
– There’s a Lord of the Rings 15th anniversary marathon happening at the Pantheon Theatre in Nicosia. Jealous of all those who are going.
– My girlfriends and I were looking for a great taverna with live music to enjoy a little night out and I found this list by Cypriot and Proud. You’re welcome!
– If you’re on the hunt for organic goodies like chocolates and sweets that can work as stocking stuffers or even an organic turkey for your Christmas table check out what Be Natural has to offer.
– If you’re hosting this holiday season you should definitely get creative with your table arrangement. Check out the ideas I put together last year.
What are you looking forward to doing and shopping this Christmas?